Who should register as a transcriptionist?
- If you are an experienced independent contractor in general transcription, and want to work for yourself rather than for a transcription company.
- If you want to build the foundation for your own transcription business by building your customer base while doing work as independent contractor for transcription companies.
- If you are thinking about getting into the transcription business. Download our free e-book, Is Transcription Business Right for You if you are unsure.
What is the process for registering as a member?
- To register as a Regular Member, take our test OR send us your certification link from Transcription Certification Institute or another similar institution.
- Register at the website.
- Create your profile on the website.
What is the cost to register as a member?
- $250 per year for a profile and use of the platform.
- 10% of the amount your revenue.
What are the benefits for members?
- Generate more income for the same work – Transcriptionists will generate more income from the same work by eliminating the middle men – transcription companies.
- Offer better value to clients – Transcriptionists can provide better rates for its clients, and still offer same security and convenience provided by transcription companies. Here is why:
- Transcription companies typically charge their customers 80% or higher over what they pay to their transcriptionists.
- This margin is used to pay for the infrastructure cost and for the profit of the company.
- TranscriptionVendors.com offers the infrastructure and convenience of a transcription company to its registered transcriptionists, for only 10% of the fee that your charge to your clients.
- A registered transcriptionist can charge 50% over what they are getting paid, and still provide a good value to their customers.
- Become financially & professionally more independent – Transcriptionists can start building their own customer base with help from TranscriptionVendors.com, and become independent from transcription companies.
What is the process for starting transcription work?
- Get clients (we will help you with our marketing tips and online marketing of your profile).
- Clients will upload their voice files on the website by logging into the system.
- After upload, the client will fill in relevant information (duration, clarity, turnaround, etc.) and special instructions (if any) for your planning.
- Depending on your agreement, your client may be asked to pay a percentage of the fee upfront.
- The system will recognize the client as Your Client and inform you about the uploaded file.
- The system will assign a unique file number for each file uploaded.
- You download the voice files and transcribe them.
- You login and upload the transcript. The system will ask for the file number – just write down the unique file number generated by the system, not the actual filename.
- The system will inform the client that the completed transcript is available for download.
- Client will pay and download the file.
- Transcription Vendors will send your portion of the payment to you every other Friday.